For some reason, I decided to share some of the verses with Andy. I was surprised and honoured when he poured out his troubles to me. I guess I didn't expect it because I am so much younger than he is, and I've never been married. Even more surprisingly, I managed to do my assignment and talk to him at the same time. Midway through our chat, I went to get my laundry done.
By about 12pm I not only done 90% of my JSB 331 Journal, but also hung out everything to dry. I did more reading up and at about 1245pm I got ready to go out to meet M :) I was going to take her to this lil shop in Chinatown where I make most of my beauty bargains. I'm not giving out any more information regarding the location! It's a closely guarded secret! Right now only R and M know ^^
I recently bought a full-sized Anna Sui Rouge in No. 672 there for $19.90 :P The regular retail price at counters is about $34 :P Today M and I went to check them out because we wanted to get the ultra-adorable Anna Sui Ring Rouge.
This is how it looks like..We met at 230 and shopped for about 45 minutes :P It's a tiny store about the size of my bedroom, crammed with all sorts of beauty stuff! If you look hard enough, you'll find more than one good bargain :)
It was a great pity they didn't have the ring, though they offered to help us order them in! :D
And I bought these crazy-cool fake feathery looking lashes in violet! Hahahaha!
A couple of years ago, I would never have worn them, but now.. Maybe I'm becoming more of a deluded Chinatown ah soh.. But really, they are kinda cute :P I might just go back and get more, they have blue and brown as well.
M and I also bought sample-sized Clinique stuff :) She bought a Clinique eye cream for $9.90 (I saw a slightly larger version of it in SASA selling for $47.20) and we both got a 15ml Clinique Pore Minimiser Refining Serum each cos it was $9.90 for one and $15.00 for two! Hahaha :P
I think she also bought a $3.90 make-up pouch and some fake lashes in black too. Pretty sucessful trip for the both of us, if you ask me :P
After Chinatown, she went to meet her friends and I had to pop by SLS to get another ink cartridge. Man, this is the second time I'm replacing it this semester. (Goodbye to another $29.00. Well at least I didn't pay $36.90 for it at POPULAR!) So I took the NEL to Little India and almost got lost hahaha! I think it is because I exited without reading the signs.
Anyway I made a short detour, mostly by judging the directions a la Parkview Square. I ended up walking through Tekka. My goodness, has it changed since my TP days! Even whilst cutting through several sidewalks full of sarees and indian mama-stalls, I managed to find another bargain! :P Hahaha :P
I bought myself an adjustable ring that can be worn either on my finger or on my toe :P It cost $4, and is now sparkling proudly in front of me heheh :P
Didn't really bother to spend much time around SLS, I just quickly got my cartridge and left.
After that I walked through Bugis Street Market on my way to Bugis Junction and was really fighting the temptation to visit the shops upstairs :P The last time I went there I left with too many pairs of new earrings :s I don't have ears enough for them all haha..
Thankfully for my purse, the heat and my heavy bag (I'd brought my notes with me) prevented me from straying off to the shops. I was feeling dehydrated from my extended walk through Tekka and was craving Ice Milk Tea. So I had lunch at 430pm at mos Burger :) and took out my notes to see if I could come up with anything.
It was a relief that by the time Rz came down after work and met me, I'd finished the remaining 10% of my Journal. All I have to do now is to get it typed and printed. Then it's on to the next assignment.
We had a nice dinner and then went to walk around. Big mistake: I fell in love with another white bag! Hahahaahaha!! And it was on sale.. and they say.. the rest is history!
What an eventful day. For me and for my purse :P
Sigh. I only spend like this when I am about to leave a country permanently or when I am very stressed! I'm really glad the semester is ending, cos I'm not sure if I should subject my purse to anymore abuse hahaha :P
- 1 June 2006 12:45am -
4 comments:
i'd be more wary and skeptical of the insanely cheap cosmetics if i were you.....you don't really know where they're from, nor how authentic they are..... i mean, there's got to be a reason why they're so cheap.
Yeah I only trust this shop :) I've been their customer for many many years already..
They get their full-sized stuff at staff prices and their samples from counter staff all for resale..
Everything comes with proper packaging.. Customers only get to see the samples :)
I don't mind you abuse me with that purse of yours.
Eh speakin of 'abusing' and 'purse'.. Are we definitely goin crab-eating? :D
Post a Comment